Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Birth Plan

I think that a birth plan is very important for anyone about to give birth.  Of course, anything can happen and it is important to be flexible but it is also important to let everyone know your wishes.  I have decided to share my birth plan.

Birth Plan

*I, Brandi Wolfe, am preparing to give birth at Charleston Birth Place.

*My support team includes my husband, Dru Wolfe, and my mother, Terri Paugh.

*Other people welcome in the birth room are my mother-in-law, Connie Wolfe, Liz Reeder and Nicole Hinson.

*We plan on staying home until labor is very active for at least 2 hours.

*I trust my body’s ability to birth my baby.  I plan on a drug free birth.

*I will bring my own food to the birth center.

*I plan on wearing my own clothes.

*I plan on my mom videotaping my birth.

*My guests will remain in the family room until we have had a chance to bond with our new baby and I have had a chance to nurse him/her.

*My desire is to wait for the cord to be clamped until after it has completely finished pulsating at which time I prefer my husband to cut the cord.

*I will be encapsulating my placenta so I wish for it to be treated accordingly.  Living TreePlacenta Encapsulation Services will be performing the encapsulation.

*I plan on birthing in the birth pool.

*My desire is to have my husband in the birth pool with me and assist in delivering my baby if the moment is right.

*I plan on using the Birthing From Within method of childbirth.

*I choose not to bathe my baby.

*I prefer no vitamin K, no eye ointment, and no Hep B shot.

*Should the baby be a boy, I do not desire my baby be circumcised.

*I prefer the midwife provide lots of verbal encouragement, physical touch and be present with me as much as possible.

Should I be transferred to the hospital-

*I prefer my baby to stay with me at all times.  Should the baby need emergency care, I desire my husband to stay with my baby at all times.

*I prefer my midwife stay with me and help me to reach as many of my birth goals as possible.



Did you have a birth plan?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...