Monday, July 16, 2012

Boy or Girl? Old Wives' Tales.


I thought it would be fun to go through some old wives' tales to see what we could figure out!  Take a look at these and then vote in the poll at the top of the page!

One of the most popular old wives' tales is if the baby's heart rate is under 140 it's a boy, over 140 it's a girl. Baby's heart rate has been mostly in the 150s and never below 140.

Low belly.
This kid is no doubt low which means boy.

Well, I definitely experienced morning sickness but it seems to be mixed as to what that means. Most sites say that means girl.

Both the Chinese and the Mayan calendars say girl.

I had terrible headaches almost everyday for a few months and apparently that means it's a boy.

Blossoming breasts.
My face broke out and my breasts have definitely blossomed, both of which mean girl.

My hair has gotten thicker, one of the few pregnancy symptoms I am happy to get. Thicker hair means boy.

Unfortunately, I have not had many cravings this pregnancy. At least not anything like my first pregnancy. When I do want something it is usually fruit, lemonade, or sweets of some sort. Sweet is girl but sour is boy so this one is pretty split.

Dru hung his ring over my belly and it started going back and forth and then went in a circle. We did it again and it started in a circle but then started going back and forth so this one is inconclusive.  Supposedly circle is girl and back and forth is boy.

No help!
Children are supposed to be intuitive so I've asked Ila a thousand times. She has gone back and forth so many times. I think she says boy most often but she says sister more than brother. She most often says the baby has a penis but sometimes she says vulva. She says the baby's name is Alice. (I have no idea where that came from but she is pretty certain of this.) So she is no help!

UPDATE:  Ila has now decided that the baby is a girl.  She is very certain of this and gets frustrated if you say that it could be a boy.

Sounds like it is better for your self-esteem if you are pregnant with a boy. Supposedly you look better than you normally do and carry most of your weight in front. I am not fortunate enough to have these characteristics. I do not look better than I normally do and I like to carry my weight everywhere but mostly in the thighs, hips, and butt area. If this is a boy, I got screwed!

I have gone back and forth on this so many times and everyone's guesses seem to be split.  I have no idea so it really will be a wonderful surprise either way!  What do you think?  Boy or girl?  Please vote in the poll at the top of the page!

Were any old wives' tales right for you?  Were any of them dead wrong?  Are there any good ones I missed?

To see more maternity pictures, check out this post or head over to Facebook!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...