Sunday, June 23, 2013

Play Like a Child

 
I have been feeling a little uninspired lately so I am challenging myself every week! This week I chose "play like a child". I really started to notice that while I'm pretty good at planning, arranging and organizing the fun, I'm not participating in the fun. I want my kids to have fun but I also want them to remember that mom is fun! I want them to have memories of us swinging, jumping, dancing, and just being together. 

I started off the week at the playground. I got on some equipment I had never been on and had to get help from Ila. It really was fun. I tried to just do what felt good, what seemed fun just like a child would. 

I've splashed in puddles, run down the street without any cares, done forward rolls and cartwheels and danced and sang so much!

Ila enjoyed taking pictures and telling me to be funny. She is quite the budding photographer in my humble opinion. 

Today, we had a beach day and I played more in the ocean than I have in awhile. Ila and I rode some waves on her boogie board or as she calls it, her surf board. I swam and played in the sand. It really was fun. I definitely got quite the workout this week. Playing is hard work!

Hopefully I will keep this habit going and get in and play more often! Did you play this week? What did you do?

You can join me starting tomorrow for my weekly challenge! I'll be wearing lipstick every day!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...